Welcome to the Club!

Hi, this is Kate and I am the leader of the Art Tree Clubhouse! I am eight years old and I like Star Wars, Barbies and Angry Birds. I like to read, draw, play and ride my bike. Welcome to the Art Tree Clubhouse! Here is how to join. All you have to do is ask permission from your guardians first and then draw a picture of a tree. Then have your guardian take a picture of it and email it to arttreedesigns@hotmail.com. We will put your drawing in the Clubhouse Art Gallery. Once you do that you are an official member of the club!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Flower Kits




I like planting! It is really fun! We got these boxes of seeds in our Easter baskets.  The first flower is called a poppy and it belongs to my little brother. The next flower is called a daisy and it belongs to my little sister. The last flower is called a sunflower and it belongs to me.  My favorite flower is the sunflower.  Someday I want to be a sunflower grower.                                     



This is my sister with her daisy seeds.



This is me with my sunflower seeds.



This is my brother with his poppy seeds. 



The instructions said to place the medium pellet in a bowl or cup. Add approximately 3 Tablespoons of lukewarm water.



We let the pellet absorb the water.



It was fun watching the pellet grow.



Even Evan thought it was fun! Until he took a big bite out of it. Maybe he thought it was chocolate cake.



We put the soil in our pots.  Here I am holding my sunflower seeds.



Here is Claire holding her daisy seeds.



We placed no more than 6 seeds on top and lightly pressed into the growing medium. We saved the rest of the seeds for our garden.






Evan likes to play with dirt.





We keep our plants by the kitchen window where it is really sunny. We have to keep them damp and check on them every day. I will update you every week on how they are growing. When they get 3 inches we transplant them into our garden.  Hope you have fun planting too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment